Monday , 17 August 2026
Home Uncategorized Cristiano Ronaldo Says He May Retire After This Soccer Season
Uncategorized

Cristiano Ronaldo Says He May Retire After This Soccer Season

Cristiano Ronaldo 2026 world cup

Cristiano Ronaldo has indicated that his professional soccer career could be nearing its end, saying he will “probably” retire after this season. The 41-year-old Portuguese superstar made the comments during an interview with Vogue centered on his recent wedding to longtime partner Georgina Rodriguez, signaling a possible conclusion to a 24-year career.

Ronaldo, who has starred for Manchester United, Real Madrid and Juventus, said he wants to finish his playing career by leaving behind what he described as a “spectacular legacy.” He also said his life after soccer is already “all mapped out,” with plans to spend more time with his family of five children, travel, have more fun and play padel.

The Al-Nassr forward had previously confirmed that the 2026 FIFA World Cup would be his final appearance at the tournament. After Portugal were eliminated by Spain in the round of 16, Ronaldo said he was leaving the competition with a “clear conscience.” The tournament marked his sixth World Cup appearance, following five previous editions in which Portugal’s best finish was fourth place in 2006.

Ronaldo leaves behind one of soccer’s most accomplished careers. He has won five Ballon d’Or awards, led Portugal to the European Championship title in 2016 and scored almost 1,000 goals during a career spent with some of Europe’s most prominent clubs.

Ronaldo’s estimated net worth is $1.2 billion. He has ranked as the world’s highest-paid athlete for four consecutive years and earned an estimated $300 million over the past year. He has spent the last four seasons with Saudi Arabian club Al-Nassr, which is reportedly paying him about $235 million annually.

Earlier this year, Ronaldo became the first athlete to surpass $2 billion in career earnings before taxes and agent fees while still competing professionally.

Ronaldo’s comments come as another soccer icon, Lionel Messi, has also raised questions about his own future. Messi, 39, posted an emotional message on social media last week following the death of his father. Reflecting on his father’s wish to see him play at the World Cup, Messi said he now has “serious doubts” about continuing his career for much longer and lamented that he could not share the experience with his father.

Leave a comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Related Articles

Powerball lottery jackpot
Uncategorized

Powerball Jackpot Climbs to $633M Ahead of Monday Drawing

The Powerball jackpot has risen to an estimated $633 million after no...

Uncategorized

Ann Walton Kroenke: A Legacy Rooted in Business, Sports, and Philanthropy

Ann Walton Kroenke is an American businesswoman and heiress whose name is...

Uncategorized

Daniel Křetínský: The Quiet Power Behind Europe’s Energy and Media Empires

Daniel Křetínský is one of Europe’s most influential yet discreet billionaires, a...

Uncategorized

Elon Musk’s Net Worth Soars to Historic $426 Billion, Widening Wealth Gap with Other Billionaires

In an unprecedented display of wealth accumulation, Elon Musk’s net worth has...